Apply Your Learning
Make the most out of your university career by taking advantage of all that Laurier has to offer you. Volunteer work, campus clubs, leadership programs, studying abroad, work experience – there are so many ways you can extend your classroom experience into the real world.
Here are just a few examples of the experiences you’ll get in the Economics program:
- Explore options to participate in Canada-wide student competitions. Laurier students have recently won prizes in the Bank of Canada Governor’s Challenge, the Finances of the Nation/Laurier Infographics Competition, the Bank of Canada Student Research Paper competition, the APEC Economic Policy competition, and the Progressive Economics Forum’s undergraduate research paper prize.
- Learn how to do leading edge statistical analysis with coding in Stata, R or Python – in classes or through the student-run PRISM lab.
- Work as an Instructional or Research Assistant in the Economics department.
- Find out about options for graduate studies in economics or business, including Laurier’s MABE.
- Join the Laurier Economics Club.
- Enhance your academic and social experience by joining the Business and Economics Residence Learning Community.
- Find learning supports through the Mathematics and Statistics Learning Labs.
Check out the Economics Experience and Career Guide.