Stay connected with events and resources that are available to you through the Laurier community whether it be at our campuses and locations, or from the comfort of your own home.
For a full listing of upcoming events, visit our events calendar.
Learning at Home
Laurier has long supported its public role of bringing knowledge and thinking outside of the classroom.
Stay Active at Home
- Online fitness classes: Get your daily dose of fitness hosted by Laurier Golden Hawk Recreation, now on Zoom. Access 30-minute classes, Monday to Friday using Zoom ID: 459-822-1013.
Entertainment and Events
- Managing Change on the Path to Recovery Webinar: Register to join us on Thursday, June 18 at Noon on Zoom to learn about positive change strategies, real world business success stories, and emerging research on team management during the pandemic.
- Empty Bowls online event: Empty Bowls 2020 online event raised $10,547 for the Food Bank of Waterloo Region which provides 31,641 meals to families in our community.
- Podcasts: Tune into a Laurier podcast series from the comfort of your own home.
- Virtual music performances: Engage with our ensembles and faculty performances from the comfort of your home.
- The Llandovery Castle Canadian Opera: A fully-staged production at Laurier by composer Stephanie Martin and librettist Paul Ciufo, created as an act of remembrance to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the hospital ship Llandovery Castle on June 27, 1918.
- Tips for Makers: Ron Daniels, program coordinator at Laurier's Science Maker Lab offers helpful tips for makers.
- Educator's Guides: WLU Press' free educator's guides for books in the Indigenous Studies Series designed for use in Indigenous Studies and English courses in Ontario High schools and also provide support for teachers at college and university levels.
- Laurier expert research: Stay on top of the latest research that addresses global and local challenges on topics such as COVID-19, impacts of social distancing, sustainable food systems, and much more.
- Women Entrepreneurship Centre (WEC): The WEC's programs are dedicated to empowering women entrepreneurs of every age, stage and culture to achieve their business dreams.
Bookable Event Space
If you are interested in hosting your event at Laurier’s Brantford campus, complete the Community Members Room Booking Request Form and we will find a space to suit your needs.