Businesses need skilled workers who can adapt, analyze and use data to advance strategy. If you’re already good at math and statistics, this degree will add the practical management-analytics skills you’ll need to advance your career.
Master the knowledge and skills required in the field through case analysis, in-class projects and a two-term project. Upon graduation, you will be able to:
- Design and move data analytics projects from conception to execution.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities and risks associated with data analytics projects.
- Use cutting edge tools from machine learning and statistics to execute solutions.
Potential Career Paths
A background in finance and management analytics can open doors to a number of exciting, future-focused roles, including:
- Financial Analyst
- Equity Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Quantitative Analyst
- Risk Analyst / Risk Modelling
- Advanced Analytics and Optimization Consultant
- Customer Analytics Consultant
- Data Scientist
- Data Specialist
- Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence
- Access strategic career consulting from Laurier's Career Centre.
- Earn your Career Development Certificate through workshops covering resume writing, interview preparation, job search and network building.
- Access alumni panels, industry guest speakers and employer recruitment events designed specifically for current students.
- Use your status as a Laurier grad to gain access to the Graduate Student Employment Service and Alumni Employment Service to find early job postings.