Fourth-Year Honours History with Research Specialization
Three Facts About Me
- I’ve had the incredible opportunity to travel to Poland with Laurier International as part of my Into that Darkness class to shed light on the Holocaust and how it is commemorated and remembered in Polish-Jewish history. A trip that forever changed my life.
- I’m born on Earth Day, my last name is Plante (plant in French!) and I’m pursuing an Environmental Studies/Sustainability minor. I was made for this!
- Cute animal videos make me cry… like full out tears.
Why I Chose Laurier
Coming from a really small all French school, university always seemed a little intimidating, but I knew I wanted to be a Golden Hawk from the moment I stepped on campus! I knew I was in the right program, but choosing a University is more than just picking a school, it’s about where you’re going to call home for the next four years. Laurier gave me that sense of home and community that I couldn’t wait to be a part of and I knew I could really excel here and make the experience my own!
Involvement on Campus
- Research assistant at Laurier Center for Military, Strategic and Disarmament Studies.
- History Students Association exec.
- Traveled to Puerto Rico as part of my travel course, HI288, to study the history of pirates and slavery on the island.
- Customer service associate at Laurier Bookstore.
- Laurier Relay for Life volunteer.
- Laurier Languages Attract Theatre.
- Sustainability Office Sustainable Hawk Fund recipient.