Laurier is making daily decisions and service adjustments to contain the spread of COVID-19. Our goal is to keep the Laurier community informed of these updates in a timely and accurate manner. Visit the wlu.ca/coronavirus website and the Internal Coronavirus information page for faculty and staff for the latest information.
Thank you for sharing stories about how members of Laurier’s community continue to lift each other up during this time. We’ve collected a few stories of sharing, helping and kindness submitted by members of university community, and will add more as they are brought to our attention. Please share your stories by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or tag Laurier in your social media posts.
March 20 key updates:
- Laurier’s Provost and Vice-President: Academic informed students that the last date to drop winter term courses without academic penalty has been extended to March 27. All instructors will provide students with plans to complete the term by end of day March 20. See Frequently Asked Questions related to classes and exams and academic support services for students.
- The Office of Research Services has updated Research Ethics Board guidance and new procedures for researchers and updated research finance procedures.
- Laurier’s Career Centre is closed for in-person service but continues to support students, alumni and employers virtually. Students/alumni can book appointments in Navigator for online or email service delivery. Students can use Navigator to access job postings, online career resources and the Laurier Experience Record. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- Laurier’s Bookstores are working on a solution to facilitate the ease of textbook rental returns. The bookstore teams will email individuals with an unreturned rental textbook(s) to provide a workable solution for rental returns. Faculty or staff with questions about textbook rentals or textbooks can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those who are creating new-format, virtual events are encouraged to add them to the active data calendar on wlu.ca, students.wlu.ca and connect.wlu.ca.
- There are many Laurier faculty members who are contributing their expertise around topics related to the Coronavirus. Read a summary of faculty members who are currently available to the media as experts.
- A new pan-university group is focused on how Laurier can contribute to our broader communities during this time through thought leadership and other activities. Initial ideas include sharing Faculty of Education resources to support parents homeschooling; Faculty of Social Work resources around isolation, connection and anxiety; Athletics resources for exercise at home, Lazaridis School of Business and Economics resources to support small businesses, etc. For further information or to share ideas, email email@example.com.
- Following a cancelled event, Laurier’s Special Constable Service has a few items they are willing to donate to anyone who could use them for a fundraising initiative. Please contact Tammy Lee, Director: Special Constable Service firstname.lastname@example.org for details.