Laurier is making daily decisions and service adjustments to contain the spread of COVID-19. Our goal is to keep the Laurier community informed of these updates in a timely and accurate manner. Visit the wlu.ca/coronavirus website for the latest information and the Remote Learning Student Hub site for academic, mental health and social supports.
We’re collecting stories of sharing, helping and kindness submitted by members of the university community. Share your stories by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or tag Laurier in your social media posts.
Information for incoming first-year, undergraduate Hawks
| Laurier 101
- The Laurier Library has expanded access to books and print resources through a bookmobile service for contactless delivery and pickup. Starting July 23, students can reserve books and printed collections through Omni. The Books to Go service is available to all Laurier students (graduate and undergraduate) in Waterloo, Brantford, and Kitchener. Digitization and scanning services from Laurier’s print collection to support online and remote learning and e-reserves resumed July 20. Please note that the library buildings remain closed. For more details, visit the library’s website.
- First-year students can register to participate in Program Chats for a chance to meet faculty, staff, students and advisors from their program. Not all programs have scheduled Program Chats, so review the dates and registration links listed in Laurier Life on MyLearningSpace.
- Mock Lecture Series: students can get a sneak peek of a university lecture by attending one or more from Laurier’s summer lecture series. Registration is required.
- Introduction to Business Models: August 5 from 3 to 4 p.m.
- "Fake News" or the Real Deal?: August 6 from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Instructional plans for Fall 2020 graduate and undergraduate courses can be found on the student website.
- Fall semester FAQs.