Laurier is making daily decisions and service adjustments to contain the spread of COVID-19. Our goal is to keep the Laurier community informed of these updates in a timely and accurate manner. Visit the wlu.ca/coronavirus website for the latest information.
We’re collecting stories of sharing, helping and kindness submitted by members of university community, and will add more as they are brought to our attention. Please share your stories by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or tag Laurier in your social media posts.
April 3 key updates:
- Today marks the last day of classes for the Winter 2020 term: On behalf of Laurier’s faculty and staff, thank you for your patience and resilience as we have all adjusted to a new learning environment during these changing times. We know this hasn’t been easy, and we are here to support you as you prepare for your exams. Please familiarize yourselves with the online mental health, academic support and social connection resources available to you on our website, and don’t forget to follow #HappyHawks on social media for messages of inspiration.
- Travel advisory extended: In response to developments around the spread of COVID-19, Wilfrid Laurier University is extending its broader international travel advisory. Effective until June 30, all university-sanctioned international travel plans are cancelled or postponed. Note that travel for academic purposes is already cancelled until Aug. 30.
- Graduate student information: You likely have questions related to registration, progression and degree completion. Please see a new FAQ for graduate students. It provides answers to those questions and more.
- A notice to graduate students from Brent Wolfe, Associate Dean, Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, about adjusting to graduate work in “the new norm.”
- With a focus on fostering a thriving community, Laurier aims to have a positive impact. The new Community Hub website features a growing list of resources, services and expertise that Laurier is making available to our wider communities, ranging from education, staying fit from your living room and thought leadership to online music performances and staying on top of your professional development. The site will be updated weekly – to submit a community resource, virtual event or initiative, email email@example.com.