Skip to main content

Join us at Laurier

Becoming a Golden Hawk means more than just cheering on our (really good) varsity teams – it means being a student who cares about your community, who works hard in the classroom, and who takes advantage of all the learning opportunities that can happen outside the classroom, too.

Accept Your Offer of Admission

You must confirm your offer by the date noted on your offer letter to proceed with your registration.

Go to the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) and select the OUAC 105 application. Follow the “Online Application” link.

Log in with your OUAC reference number, PIN/password and follow the instructions. A confirmation number will be generated upon proper submission of your acceptance. Please print the confirmation screen for your records.

If your offer letter states to confirm your Offer of Admission directly to us, please submit the Offer of Admission Confirmation Form.

Arrange Your Accommodations

At Laurier, you can choose to live on- or off-campus.

The deadline to apply for on-campus residence and submit a $600 deposit was June 3, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. EDTYou can contact the Department of Residence directly at to inquire if space is available in campus housing.

If you’re interested in living off-campus, you must arrange this yourself.

Book Temporary Accommodations

If you plan on coming to Canada prior to International Orientation Week, or prior to the arranged move-in date to your on- or off-campus housing, you will need to arrange for your own temporary accommodations. There are plenty of hotel options near our Brantford and Waterloo campuses. Please research them online before arriving in Canada. Our International Student Support department has a list of options on their Arriving in Canada webpage.

Arrange your Study Permit and Other Travel Documents

You need a study permit to go to school in Canada. You will need your Offer of Admission letter and your Letter of Acceptance from Laurier to apply for your study permit. Contact a Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate for application information.

Processing your study permit application can take up to 3 months in some countries, so we encourage you to apply for your study permit well in advance of your program start date.

To travel to Canada, you may also need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization. You can find out if you need these documents by checking with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

For more information on immigration and application requirements, visit our Immigration Information webpage.

Submit Required Documentation

All official final documents must be received by July 15, 2019, or the date indicated in your Offer of Admission, to:

Wilfrid Laurier University, International Recruitment and Admissions
75 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
N2L 3C5

Laurier 101: Incoming Student Support Program

Laurier 101 is Laurier's new incoming student support program designed to provide additional support to help you make sure you are ready for university. It includes:

  • Course Registration Webinars
  • Headstart (Pre-Orientation)
  • Online Summer Orientation
  • Orientation Week

Register for Classes

You can view all registration information on our online registration guide webpage. We also host online webinars (offered through the Laurier 101 incoming student support program) to provide additional information on the course registration process.

First-year course descriptions are provided in the Registration Guide and in our online Undergraduate Academic Calendar. Course registration is completed online using  LORIS (Laurier's Online Registration and Information System).

We recommend that you register for classes early for the best selection and to avoid late fees.

Enrol in Headstart International

Participate in our Headstart program and we will help you register for classes, learn about the services and expectations of the university, and much more in an interactive, online workshop. Headstart is offered through the Laurier 101 incoming student support program.

Register for International Orientation (IO) Week

IO Week is held each year in late August or early September. Register in advance to participate.

We also encourage you to participate in the Orientation Week for all first-year students, offered through the Laurier 101 incoming student support program.

Pay Your Tuition Fees

You will receive an invoice for your fees from Laurier soon after you register for courses. You must pay your tuition fees by the date indicated on the invoice.

New Payment Method

Laurier is pleased to offer a new international payment option through CIBC International Student Pay. You will log in to the secure portal and can make an online payment with your preferred currency from anywhere in the world at any time.

Prepare to Come to Canada

International Student Support Department

We encourage all students to set aside time prior to the start of classes to take care of tasks related to arriving in a new country. There are many small things – and some not-so-small things! – that need to be taken care of as soon as you arrive in Canada, such as:

  • Opening a bank account.
  • Getting a cell phone or phone card.
  • Finding your way around campus.
  • Communicating with your family or friends to let them know you arrived safely.
  • Getting your health card and Laurier OneCard (student card).
  • Paying your tuition fees (if you still need to). 
  • Planning your transit to Laurier from the airport.

Our International Student Support staff have a website designated for services for international students, which can help you will all these new tasks. You should:

  • Read important information and helpful advice to help you plan your arrival in Canada. 
  • Read more about 'Arriving in Canada' so that you know what to expect when it's time for your arrival.

Review your Health Insurance Coverage

International students in Ontario are required to pay for health insurance. There are two healthcare insurance plans that students pay for:

  1. The University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) covers most urgent hospital and medical services for non-resident students and their accompanying family members (if applicable). Participation in UHIP is mandatory for international students. The cost is approximately $624 for 8 months. Please refer to the UHIP website for more information.
  2. All students are automatically enrolled in our Student Health and Dental plan, offered to all university students through the Students’ Union (WLUSU). This plan covers part of the cost of doctor prescribed medicines and a range of dental and other services, which can be very costly in Canada. Students can opt out of this plan if they provide proof of equal coverage through another insurance plan. Details of this plan are on the Students’ Union website.

Learn About Our International Student Services

We know that transition to university can be a stressful time for some students, especially when you are moving to a new country and a new learning environment. Our International Student Services team has created several programs to make you feel comfortable and part of the community on campus right away. Let us help!

Connect with Your International Peer Mentor

You will be matched with an upper-year Laurier student to help you get oriented to life at Laurier. They will answer questions about living in Canada and provide you with personalized navigation of resources during your first year on campus. You will be contacted in the summer by your mentor or leader, who will continue to provide guidance through events and check-ins during the fall and winter semesters.

Obtain Your OneCard

The OneCard is one of the most important pieces of identification you will have as a student at Laurier. It acts as a bus pass, allows you to purchase food on campus, and is required to register for events and clubs on campus. You will need to show identification to receive your OneCard.

Contact Us:

Recruitment and Admissions

T: 519.884.0710 x3385
F: 519.884.0618


We see you are accessing our website on IE8. We recommend you view in Chrome, Safari, Firefox or IE9+ instead.