Please read the following before appealing your ticket;
Appeals must be submitted within seven (7) business days of receipt of the ticket. Appeals submitted after this seven (7) day period will not be accepted and payment will be required.
Parking & Transportation Resources will NOT consider granting appeals based on the following grounds:
- Ignorance of the WLU Parking rules & regulations as found on this website.
- Failure to observe signs posted throughout campus.
- Unauthorized parking for only short periods of time.
- Parking at a failed or expired meter.
- Lack of convenient parking or “close” parking.
- Someone other than Parking & Transportation Resources office or Special Constable Services personnel told you to park there.
- Inclement weather.
- Incorrect vehicle make, colour, body style, etc. Please note that the only piece of vehicle information that must be correct is the licence plate.
The only grounds that will be considered are:
- The the ticket was issued incorrectly.
- The ticket was issued contradictory to the Parking Regulations.
- The ticket was issued to an existing permit holder parked in the correct lot.
If you feel that you still have extenuating circumstances warranting an appeal, then please see below to petition a ticket. Appeal forms are available from the Parking & Transportation Resources Office (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday).
Decisions surrounding parking violation appeals will be made at the discretion of the Supervisor/Coordinator of Parking & Transportation Resources and/or the Parking Appeals Committee. The appellant will be notified in writing if his/her appeal has been denied. If your appeal is granted, no communication will be necessary. Please ensure you are providing a valid and correct email address as a decision will be sent to this address within 1-2 weeks of submitting your appeal. Decisions are final and binding. To appeal a ticket click here.