An Advisory in Regard to Email Attachments and Web Browsing
As we prepare for a new school year the Laurier ITS department would like to alert the Laurier community to the following issues.
1. The Internet is in many ways a wild frontier. Be skeptical of every email that you receive and every web page that you browse.
2. The Laurier ITS department or Helpdesk will never initiate an email asking for logins, passwords or other personal information.
3. Your bank will never send you an email asking for logins, passwords or other personal information.
4. Never open an email attachment unless you are certain of the veracity of its contents. If in doubt, phone the sender or the ITS Helpdesk.
5. Never browse to a URL embedded in an email unless you are certain of its veracity. If in doubt, phone the sender or the ITS Helpdesk.
If you have any questions in regard to these issues then please free to contact me.Bob Ellsworth
Manager, Computer and Network Security
Wilfrid Laurier University
519-884-0710, extension 3120