Applying for a Study Permit
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Documentation Requirements
There are many important aspects to consider when preparing to come to Canada to study. Keep the following points in mind when researching your move.
- When applying for an international study permit, remember to have your:
a. Offer of Admission from the Faculty of Graduate Studies
b. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Student Information Form, which will be sent to you by Wilfrid Laurier University with your offer of admission
c. Return ticket and/or evidence of adequate funds
d. Documentation for accompanying spouse and/or children
- Do you need a Temporary Resident Visa or a Study Permit?
- Health Insurance (required for students studying in Canada on a Study Permit)
- Bank Account and transfers from country of residence
- Transcripts and official translated documents (see notes concerning academic documents/transcripts)
- Credential Assessment Expectations (see notes concerning credentials assessments, or contact your prospective academic unit or the Faculty of Graduate Studies for further information).
If you are a Permanent Resident of Canada, you must enclose evidence of your valid Permanent Residence status. A photocopy of your Record of Landing form or your Permanent Residence Card is required.