New Student Welcome Guide | 2013
A Message from the Dean
On behalf of Wilfrid Laurier University, I am pleased to advise you have been offered admission to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies at Laurier. Congratulations on achieving this important step in your educational goals. Laurier offers a unique graduate experience, and I am confident that your experience will be educationally enriching, and professionally rewarding. You have become a member of a vibrant scholarly community, contributing to the research activities of your program with the mentorship of highly-skilled researchers and teachers.
This handbook is intended to provide you with some of the necessary tools as you embark on your academic program of study at Laurier. It is not intended to be the final authority on graduate studies policies and procedures; rather, it is a starting point for you. The online graduate calendar is the official document concerning academic regulations.
Familiarize yourself with the information contained in this Welcome Book. My office staff are here to help you, so do not hesitate to contact us should you require assistance.
Joan E. Norris, PhD, CPsych
Frequently Asked Questions from New Students
- Who do I contact if I have a question about my offer of admission?
- Can I defer my offer of admission?
- How much is tuition?
- How do I receive my funds?
- Where can I find information about funding?
- What is Laurier Online Registration Information System (LORIS)?
- What orientation activities are scheduled for the week following Labour Day (Coming Soon)?
- How do I setup my Laurier e-mail account?
- What student services and resources are available to graduate students at Laurier?
- Where can I find information on the Waterloo Region (i.e. local schools, child care and transportation)?