Common Reading Program
About the Program
Laurierís Common Reading Program invites all students entering the Faculty of Arts in September 2013 to share a reading experience. Each student will receive a free copy of Laurierís chosen book in the summer, will have a chance to discuss the book with their peers, and will be invited to participate in orientation events focused on the book.
We hope in future years to extend the program to include all incoming students at Laurier.
- Create a common experience for students
- Develop a sense of community
- Establish a focus for discussions and course-related activities
- Ease the transition from high school to university
- Promote a love of reading
For more information, contact Dr. Ute Lischke.