Site Accessibility Statement
Writing in the News
- Alary, B. (2014). Videos help students get honest about cheating. University of Alberta.
- Bradshaw, J. (2014, January 16). As Ottawa pushes for foreign students, universities worry about spaces for Canadians. Globe and Mail.
- Hyland, T. (2014, January). Multilingual learners in the writing centre: Some musings on negotiated practice. Inkshed Newsletter.
- Graves, R. (2014, January). Five strategies to improve writing in your courses. University Affairs.
- Graves, R. & Slomp, D. (2013, December). Entrance testing is not the answer. University Affairs.
- Graves, R. (2013, September). Why students struggle with writing. University Affairs.
- Hoover, E. (2013, September 29). Apply to Bard, in 10,000 words. The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Hammond, B. (2013, October 7). Oregon students write their way to diplomas. Oregon Live.
- Usher, A. (2013, October 9). Some bombshells from the Programme for International Assessment of Adult Competencies (PIAAC). Higher Education Strategy Associates.
- MacQueen, K. (2013, November 1). The flap over the fluency gap. Maclean's.
- Holland, K. (2013, November 11). Why Johnny can't write, and why employers are mad. CNBC.