OSAP Applications and the Laurier Tuition Bursary Program
In order to be considered for general bursary assistance at Wilfrid Laurier University, all full time students are required to complete an OSAP application (full time as per the OSAP program requirements, therefore registered in a minimum 60% course, or 1.5 credits per term).
STEPS TO APPLYING FOR BURSARY ASSISTANCE:
* SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION TO THE STUDENT AWARDS OFFICE FOR PROCESSING. Note that an OSAP application is NOT complete until all of the required documentation has been processed by the Student Awards Office. If you are not sure of the required documentation, please log in to your OSAP account, as this will provide you with your list of supporting documentation.
* Submit the online application form for the general tuition bursary program, including the online student budget form component, for the applicable terms. If you have completed the student budget component of the online student profile(s), you are not required to complete this again for this program. Only one student budget form is required per academic year, for all programs that have a financial need component.
* An OSAP application, as well as the required supporting documentation must be submitted to the Student Awards Office by the bursary deadline in order to be considered for bursary assistance. Applications submitted without the completed documentation by the deadline will be considered "incomplete" and will not be assessed.
* If you are restricted from applying for OSAP, you are still eligible to apply for bursary assistance
* You must be officially restricted by OSAP, by the program requirements/guidelines of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
* If you are not a resident of the Province of Ontario, and are eligible through another province, you are not required to apply for provincial loan assistance from your home province in order to be eligible for bursary assistance.
* Students who are registered part time as per the OSAP program requirements (NOT part time as per the Registrar's Office at WLU), and are not eligible for OSAP assistance due to their course load (below 60%, or 1.5 credits per term) are not required to complete the OSAP application for part time students. Bursary applications will be accepted for students who are deemed to be part time as per the OSAP program regulations, without the OSAP application requirement.
* If you are eligible for OSAP loans, and decline the loan portion of your funding, you may be ineligible for assistance through the Laurier Tuition Bursary program.