Laurier's Headstart Transition Program
Headstart is a half-day program designed to make the transition to university life easier for Laurier's incoming students and their parents or guardians. It's an introduction to life and learning at Laurier. For students, it's an opportunity to learn about:
- their program and the courses they should take
- academic expectations
- the differences between high school and university
- campus services and resources that can help them make a success of university.
Students will be able to take part in sessions and chat with senior students, faculty and staff about studying at Laurier. They'll also be able to get their student identification card, the Laurier OneCard.
Parents will participate in a special parent transition program that provides an overview of what their students will be experiencing as a university student and how they can support their students, and answers the questions parents have about residence life, orientation week, financial aid, etc.
Other activities include tours of the campus, some of our residence buildings, and an information fair offering more information about our campus.
Sessions begin at 9:00 am on program days. Please plan to arrive about 15 minutes in advance in order to get signed in and ready for the day. Specific details will be e-mailed to registered students prior to program days.
Registration for the 2013 Headstart Program is now open!!
To register for Brantford Headstart, please click here.
Headstart dates for 2013: June 14*, 28; July 4*, 5, 9#, 11*, 12.
Note that students are only expected to register for one day.
* - Special Headstart sessions will be offered for Concurrent Education students on June 14, July 4, and July 11. For these dates, the program is modified to fit the particular needs of students in this program. Only students enrolled in the Concurrent Education program should register on these days.
# - Another special Headstart session will be offered for Criminology students on July 9. For this date, the program is modified to assist students in the Criminology program. Students in other programs can still register for this session, as much of the content will overlap with other academic programs offered. Academic Advising will still offer the same level of support to non-Criminology students.
- Click Here to go to the Registration Portal
- Look for the Brantford Headstart Program event listing, and click "Register"
- Select the date you wish to attend Headstart. Note: Concurrent Education students should select one of June 14, July 4, or July 11. All other students should select one of June 28, July 5, July 9, or July 12.
- Complete the Contact Information as requested. For "Organization" and "Division" please write "NA".
- Click "Next" to move to the payment page.
- Complete all fields as required. You will be issued a receipt of payment via e-mail, and a follow up e-mail within five business days from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your registration.
To contact us with questions or concerns, please e-mail us at email@example.com.