Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
A graduate education provides
opportunities to develop and enrich intellectual skills in an area of special
interest. At Laurier, we are recognized innovators. Our graduate programs
include a number of firsts: Canada’s first 12-month MBA program, the
country’s first Master of Music Therapy and the first PhD in management
with a stream focusing on financial economics.
We also have research centres in business, geography, the humanities and social sciences. The university is home to the internationally acclaimed Penderecki String Quartet and the academic publisher Wilfrid Laurier University Press.
Laurier's Century Plan outlines five areas (shown below) that will guide the university's growth and the funding priorities that will help Graduate Studies & Research at Laurier to continue its development in line with the wider goals of the university.
Student-Centred Environment: Sustain the student focus in campus life and in the classroom.
- Broaden the variety of graduate programs offered
- Foster a cohesive graduate community identity
Comprehensive University: Offer a strong liberal arts and science core complemented by a broader range of graduate and professional programs.
- Develop a mature system of graduate funding, including graduate student fellowships, faculty grants and a graduate funding guarantee
- The Laurier Institute for the Study of Public Opinion and Policy
- The Clarica Financial Services Research Centre
- The Centre for Supply Chain Management
- The Viessmann Research Centre of Modern Europe
- Centre for Music Therapy Research
- Centre for Global Relations, Governance and Policy
Internationalization: Increase Laurier's profile as a destination for international students and research.
- Our graduate students may also take part in an international exchange. We currently have exchange agreements with more than 80 institutions in 27 countries
Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Purchase Library materials to ensure a strong collection that meets students and faculty needs for years to come
- Invest in state-of-the-art equipment