Student Life Levy Fund
Funded directly through the generosity of our undergraduate students, the Student Life Levy (SLL) supports special one-time projects that enhance the undergraduate student experience at the Brantford and Waterloo campuses. Specifically, the SLL looks to support projects that present increased opportunity for students to engage in activities leading to improved personal health and wellness and increased opportunity for students to engage each other and their environment in a culture of learning outside of physical classroom space.
The SLL has been supporting projects since the 1980’s at a total value of approximately $10M. To view some of the past projects, please click here.
The application system is open year-round, with reviews happening every March, July and November. Please keep the following in mind when preparing your application:
- The SLL does not fund projects on an on-going basis so the request should be for one-time funding only.
- The SLL rarely approves projects that require salary. If salary is a component, it must be for a limited time during the start-up phase of the project and the budget must show financial sustainability.
- The committee appreciates those projects that have demonstrated collaboration with other partners/departments on campus.
- The committee prefers those projects that have an impact on the entire campus or a large percentage of the student population.
- The SLL does not fund ‘for profit’ projects.
If you have any questions about the Student Life Levy, please contact Janet Robinson, Leadership Gift Officer, at email@example.com