The Special Initiatives Fund is designed to fund truly special initiatives.
This may include:
- Initiatives which are new and/or one-time for your department
- Initiatives for which other sources of funding are not readilty available
Funding for the hosting of the conference will be consistent if:
- the conference takes place at Laurier
- it brings profile to Laurier
- the organization has applied for external funding to support its costs
- a budget outlining details on fixed and variable costs as well as revenue is provided
In keeping with this, projects not normally funded by the Special Initiatives Fund include:
- Initiatives/items traditionally covered under Base Budget
- Academic research projects
- Participation in conferences/conference fees
Awards are granted up to a maximum of $5,000.
At the conclusion of the fiscal year, successful applicants are required to submit an accountability report, following the format attached, outlining the use of the funds and the benefits of the project to the University community.