The Special Initiatives Fund is designed to fund truly special initiatives.
This may include:
- Initiatives which are new and/or one-time for your department
- Initiatives for which other sources of funding are not readilty available
In keeping with this, projects not normally funded by the Special Initiatives Fund include:
- Initiatives/items traditionally covered under Base Budget
- Academic research projects
- Participation in conferences/conference frees
Awards are granted up to a maximum of $5,000.