Why Choose Professional Development at the Lyle S. Hallman Faculty of Social Work?
- Our program is designed to meet the continuing education needs of those in the helping professions, including social work, social services, healthcare, education, law enforcement and pastoral care.
- All of our courses are facilitated by highly qualified, knowledgeable instructors who bring years of experience and practice to the classroom.
- We know that a good continuing education workshop teaches facts and theories, but a great continuing education workshop starts with facts and theories, then adds the learned experiences of the instructor and the students to create the whole picture.
- Organizations and agencies are looking for employees who demonstrate a commitment to ongoing learning of knowledge and skills.
- Your professional development experience at Laurier goes beyond classroom learning. Meet new people, build connections and expand your professional network.
- Small class sizes means more opportunity for you to contribute to the discussion and communicate directly with the instructor.
- The Faculty of Social Work at Wilfrid Laurier University has an outstanding reputation as one of Canada's top graduate schools for social work education.
Dean, Faculty of Social Work
Coordinator, Professional Development and Alumni Relations
Unless otherwise noted, all Professional Development workshops are held at the Lyle S. Hallman Faculty of Social Work campus at 120 Duke Street West in Kitchener. Click here for a map of downtown Kitchener.
There are a number of convenient city parking garages that offer daily parking rates. See the City of Kitchener website for parking lot locations. Kitchener City Hall and the Duke and Ontario Parking Garage are closest to our campus.
Unless otherwise stated in the course description, there are no prerequisites or education requirements for our Professional Development workshops.
Continuing Education Credits
Certificates of participation will be issued for all programs. These may be used to apply for professional development or continuing education credits with relevant licensing boards and organizations. Please contact your professional association or college for more information about their requirements.
Comfort Inn (3.5 km) – 190 Weber Street North, Waterloo
Delta Kitchener-Waterloo (< 0.5 km) – 105 King Street East, Kitchener
Holiday Inn Kitchener Waterloo Conference Centre (6 km) – 30 Fairway Road South, Kitchener
Radisson Hotel Kitchener-Waterloo (6 km) – 2960 King Street East, Kitchener
Walper Terrace Hotel (< 0.5 km) – 1 King Street West, Kitchener