Laurier Association for Lifelong Learning (LALL)
- Participant, Brazil: An Introduction to Its History, Culture and Society, Fall 2013"This is an excellent programme and you are to be congratulated on a fine job."
- Participant, The Ethics of Persuasion: From Evangelism to Advertising, Fall 2013"Extremely high quality course, excellent value, top notch prof!"
- Participant, Financial Planning for the Retired or Nearly Retired, Fall 2013"Love LALL courses, always stimulating and a source of new learning."
- Participant, Highlights of Renaissance Art, Fall 2013"A great way to keep minds active during a time of retirement where extra time is available."
- Participant, So, What's Going on With the Weather?, Fall 2013
About the Laurier Association for Lifelong Learning (LALL)
LALL courses offer a unique option for adult learning. Courses are non-credit and are intended for personal interest and self-education. LALL is a non-profit organization supported by Continuing Studies at Wilfrid Laurier University. The distinction between a LALL course and a university course is that LALL courses have no exams, no grading, and no prerequisites!
Courses generally run two hours per week for six consecutive weeks and are offered in morning or afternoon sessions. LALL offers courses three times per year:
- Spring - usually runs the second week of April through the third week of May
- Fall - usually runs the second week of October through the third week of November
- Winter - usually runs the first week of February through the middle of March
About the Instructors
Learn all about our LALL instructors here.
Learn all about our LALL instructors here.
Spring 2014 Courses
View the Spring 2014 brochure in PDF format for a detailed breakdown of each of the courses offered and to view the dates and times when the courses will be running. Courses will start the week of April 4 and will run until the middle of May.
Please note, you will need Adobe Reader to view the document; please click here to obtain a free copy of Adobe Reader. Having trouble viewing the brochure in PDF format? Please click here for assistance; for Mac users please click here for assistance.
- Normand Dutrisac - Time of Change: Paintings of the Late 19th Century
- Roman Dubinski, uWaterloo (retired) - Margaret Atwood's Ustopia: The MaddAddam Trilogy
Warren Stauch - The Birth of Waterloo County and Its Five Townships
Rose Murray - A Course That Really Schmecks: The Culinary Writing of Edna Staebler
- Deena Mandell, Laurier - Families in Film IV: Family Narratives Across Generations
Jan Narveson, uWaterloo (retired) - Masterpieces in Chamber Music
- James Skidmore, uWaterloo - German Filmmakers in Hollywood
- Adriana Casali - A Journey Around Brazil: Exploring Regional Differences
- Gordon Greene, Laurier (retired) - Crucial Turning Points in Music History
- David Lamble - The World of Birds
Registrations will be received up to end of day on March 16 and will be processed on March 17. On that day, all registrations will be processed lottery-style and confirmation letters will be mailed out beginning March 18. Registrations will continue to be accepted until the beginning of class or until a course becomes full. Be sure to join our email list to ensure you receive your copy of the brochure once it is available.
Fee: $70 per course
Note: Your instructor may recommend additional items for purchases (e.g., books). They are only recommendations and are not mandatory for participation in the LALL courses.
For details on how to submit your registration, please refer to the course registration information page, brochure or LALL registration form and submit it to the address indicated with full payment. Please note that post-dated cheques will not be accepted. Course registrants are process lottery-style and admitted on the basis of payment received to a maximum of 25 per course. No advance registrations will be accommodated. Courses fill up quickly!
- participants who are also alumni of Laurier, Waterloo or Guelph may activate a library card at any time; please contact the Laurier library for more information
- all other participants may purchase a library card at a reduced rate of $10
- library cards are good for one year from activation date
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- notice of withdrawal must be made in writing to Continuing Studies in-person, by mail, or by email
- a full course fee refund, less a $12 administration fee, will be issued when notice of withdrawal is received prior to the first meeting of the class
- no refund can be made after the course begins
Wilfrid Laurier University reserves the right to cancel a course in which there is insufficient enrollment. In the event of a cancellation, participants will be informed and all fees will be refunded.
For more information about LALL, please contact Continuing Studies by phone at 519.884.0710 x4628 or email.
Join Our Email List
Be the first to receive the latest brochures, newsletters and community events as soon as they become available. All LALL details are sent out by email to ensure they reach you without delay and to be environmentally conscious. Please join our list by completing our online form here.
GIFT CERTIFICATES NOW AVAILABLE!
Give the gift of learning this year! LALL has gift certificates available -- a perfect gift for that hard-to-buy-for person (or people) on your list. Regular course registration procedures apply to those who receive gift certificates. For details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org | 519.884.0710 x4628.