Laurier Association for Lifelong Learning (LALL)
LALL courses offer a unique option for adult learning. Courses are non-credit and are intended for personal interest and self-education. LALL is a non-profit organization supported by Continuing Studies at Wilfrid Laurier University. The distinction between a LALL course and a university course is that LALL courses have no exams, no grading, and no prerequisites!
Courses generally run two hours per week for six consecutive weeks and are offered in morning or afternoon sessions. LALL offers courses three times per year:
- Spring - usually runs
the second week of April through the third week of May
- Fall - usually runs the second week of October through the third week of
- Winter - which usually runs the first week of February
through the middle of March
Spring 2013 Courses
Douglas McCready - The Crisis in Ontario Health Care
Robert Alexander - Demystifying Non-Believers: Are They the Happiest?
David Lamble - Birds and their Ways: Part II
- Ted McGee - Venice, Vienna, Verona - Shakespeare at the Stratford Festival 2013
- Warren Stauch - The Natural and Cultural Legacy of the Niagara Escarpment
- Blaine Chiasson - Korea: From Shaman Kingdom to Divided Nation COURSE FULL
- Gordon Greene - Wagner and Verdi at 200
- Bob Sharpe - Waterloo: Town and Gown in Rapid Transformation
Jan Narveson - Music for Three VoicesCOURSE CANCELLED
For a detailed breakdown of each of the courses offered and to view the dates and times when the courses will be running please view our Spring 2013 brochure in PDF format here. To request a paper copy of the course brochure, please contact LALL at 519.884.0710 x4628 or by email.
Fee: $70 per course
Note: Your instructor may recommend additional items for purchases (e.g., books). They are only recommendations and are not mandatory for participation in the LALL courses.
For details on how to submit your registration, please refer to the course registration information page, brochure or LALL registration form and submit it to the address indicated with full payment. Please note that post-dated cheques will not be accepted. Course registrants are process lottery-style and admitted on the basis of payment received to a maximum of 25 per course. No advance registrations will be accommodated. Courses fill up quickly!
Join Our Mailing List
Be the first to receive the latest brochures, newsletters and community events as soon as they become available. All LALL details are sent out by email to ensure they reach you without delay and to be environmentally conscious. Please join our list by completing our online form here.
About the Instructors
Learn all about our LALL instructors here.
Take a few minutes and hear two first-hand accounts of what it's like to participate in a LALL course and what it's like to teach a LALL course:
See what else our participants have to say about their experience in LALL here.
- participants who are also alumni of Laurier, Waterloo or Guelph may activate a library card at any time; please contact the Laurier library for more information
- all other participants may purchase a library card at a reduced rate of $10
- library cards are good for one year from activation date
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- notice of withdrawal must be made in writing to Continuing Studies in-person, by mail, or by email
- a full course fee refund, less a $12 administration fee, will be issues when notice of withdrawal is received prior to the first meeting of the class
- no refund can be made after the course begins
Wilfrid Laurier University reserves the right to cancel a course in which there is insufficient enrollment. In the event of a cancellation, participants will be informed and all fees will be refunded.
For more information about LALL, please contact Continuing Studies by phone at 519.884.0710 x4628 or email.