Information Technology Service Management
ITIL Training at Laurier
- Participant“Thank you for a great experience. You are a great teacher and a wonderful leader. You made my training very enjoyable.”
“I want you to know I appreciated the ITIL training you delivered earlier this year…I have found myself in conversations with other staff where the language and ideas presented in ITIL are making their way into the conversations. I have also noticed that when I am reading… I am seeing the ITIL influence in how materials and ideas are presented. I hope everyone is seeing benefits from taking the course as I have.”
- Participant“This course was not only an extremely valuable and immediately applicable training, but also a fun and enjoyable experience…I would recommend your ITIL training course to anyone.”
Laurier is pleased to offer the most widely accepted approach to service management in the world. This course will provide a cohesive set of best practices from the public and private sectors. As a Foundation Level course, it provides:
- entry-level qualification to candidates
- a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL Service Lifecycle
- the linkages between Lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to Service Management practices
For complete information on the ITIL program, please visit their website.
In a recent offering of the course, the cohort achieved a 95% pass rate on the final exam, with an average final mark over 80%.
Start/End Date: TBD | final exam on final morning
Location: Laurier's Waterloo campus
Fee: TBD (includes materials, nutrition breaks and lunch daily)
For details on how to submit your registration, please refer to the registration form (coming soon). Please note that registrations submitted by email will not be accepted. Receipts for credit card payments will be issued electronically unless otherwise requested. Phone 519.884.0710 x6036 or email Continuing Studies if you require additional information.
About the Instructor
Andrzej Gadomski has been an IT manager with over 25 years of experience in all aspects of leadership, technology and processes in the public sector. In this capacity, he has specialized in the alignment of IT processes with business processes using best practices. He has experience designing and conducting technical training seminars and organizing conferences and has been a member of itSMF since 2006. Having completed professional training with international certification in Foundation, Practitioner and Master in V2 and V3 and achieving the highest level of Master Manager designation, we are pleased to be working with Andrzej to offer the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) v.3 training at Laurier starting this year. During this course, students will be exposed to the best practice principles and rules for almost every aspect of service management that Andrzej has acquired in his training.
Andrzej was recently elected to the position of National Director, Industry Relations on the itSMF Canada Board of Directors. itSMF Canada is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and facilitating the recognition and growth of our members in Service Management. They promote the certification, adoption and application of 'Best Practice' frameworks and standards, such as ITIL, ISO20000, CoBIT and many others. Operating through branches located across Canada, they provide the vital and vibrant network of peers, mentors, and industry experts needed by the growing community of IT Service Management professionals.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- notice of withdrawal must be made in writing to Continuing Studies in-person, by mail, or by email
- a full tuition refund, less 10 per cent, will be issued when notice of withdrawal is received up to two weeks prior to the start of the first session
- a full tuition refund, less 25 percent, will be issued when notice of withdrawal is received after two weeks prior to start of the first session and prior to the start of the second session
- after the second session, no refunds will be issued
Please note that no refund of any sort will be given if the university is closed for any reason during your course.
Wilfrid Laurier University reserves the right to cancel a course in which there is insufficient enrollment. In the event of a cancellation, students will be informed and all fees will be refunded.