- Completed application packages must be received by 4pm on Monday March 30th, 2015.
- Mid-April to early May between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Training sessions will occur in early to mid-May. Students are required to attend one Headstart training se
- Undergraduate student. Graduate students may not apply.
- An overall GPA of 6.0 or above (on a 12.0 scale) is required.
- Must be enrolled as a Laurier student (full-time or part-time), if you have applied to graduate you may not apply to be a Headstart Ambassador.
- Demonstrated skill/ability in the following areas:
- dealing courteously and effectively with people
- exercising good judgement and initiative
- interpreting and presenting and answering inquiries in a clear and concise manner
- public speaking and making effective presentations.
- effective interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Must be responsible, self-confident and empathetic to student and parent/guardian needs.
- Cannot have infractions or violations of academic misconduct or other university codes.
Note: Duties will vary depending on the event and time of the year.
- Provide an overview session about registering for courses on LORIS.
- Provide an overview session about the technical issues related to selecting courses on LORIS.
- Provide individual assistance to students selecting or registering for courses.
- Conduct campus and/or residence tours.
- Welcome participants and guide them to the appropriate venue.
- Assist the academic program advisor with the logistical aspects related to the Headstart program, i.e., posting signs, carrying materials, picking up and delivering materials
- Other duties related to the Headstart program as deemed appropriate.
- The position requires flexibility and is considered casual part-time.
- Headstart is a summer transition program, running in for 12 days in June and July.
- June 2, 4, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30
- July 6, 7, 8, 10
- Time commitment will vary by the department.
- The rate of pay is set at $13.00 per hour.
More information about Headstart and the Centre for Student Success can be found online at www.wlu.ca/studentsuccess.