● Completed application packages must be received by Saturday March 29th, 2014 at 4 p.m.
● Mid-April to early May between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
● Training sessions will occur in early to mid-May. Students are required to attend one Headstart training session.
● Undergraduate student. Graduate students may not apply.
● An overall GPA of 6.0 or above (on a 12.0 scale) is required.
● Demonstrated skill/ability in the following areas:
– dealing courteously and effectively with people
– exercising good judgement and initiative
– interpreting and presenting and answering inquiries in a clear and concise manner
– public speaking and making effective presentations.
– effective interpersonal and public relations skills.
● Must be responsible, self-confident and empathetic to student and parent/guardian needs.
● Must be enrolled as a Laurier student (full-time or part-time). If you have applied to graduate you MAY NOT apply to be a Headstart Ambassador.
● Cannot have infractions or violations of academic misconduct or other university codes.
Note: Duties will vary depending on the event and time of the year.
● Provide an overview session about registering for courses on LORIS.
● Provide an overview session about the technical issues related to selecting courses on LORIS.
● Provide individual assistance to students selecting or registering for courses.
● Conduct campus and/or residence tours.
● Welcome participants and guide them to the appropriate venue.
● Assist the academic program advisor with the logistical aspects related to the Headstart program, i.e., posting signs, carrying materials, picking up and delivering materials
● Other duties related to the Headstart program as deemed appropriate.
Note: The position requires flexibility and is considered casual part-time.
Important: If you have applied to graduate you MAY NOT apply to be a Headstart Ambassador.
● Time commitment will vary by the department. Headstart is a summer transition program, running in June and July.
2014 Headstart days:
June 3, 6, 5, 25, 26, 27
July 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11
● The rate of pay is set at $12.00 per hour.
More information about Headstart and the Centre for Student Success can be found online at www.wlu.ca/studentsuccess.