About the Common Reading Program
Laurierís Common Reading Program invites all students entering the Faculty of Arts in September 2014 to join a shared reading experience. At the beginning of July, each student received a free copy of Cary Fagan's collection of short stories, My Life Among the Apes, and were encouraged to join the online conversations about the book with their future classmates at facebook.com/groups/LaurierArtsCommonReading. They'll also have the chance to enter contests and sign up for fall events.†
- Create a common experience for students
- Develop a sense of community where students can connect online and in-person
- Establish a focus for discussions and course-related activities
- Ease the transition from high school to university
- Promote a love of reading!
Laurier's Common Reading Program began in 2013 with Richard Wagamese's novel, Indian Horse. For more information, contact Cathy Mahler at ext. 3361 or firstname.lastname@example.org