Returning to Laurier
If you were required to withdraw from Laurier, you may request readmission to resume studies no earlier than 12 months from the date of required withdrawal.
Please note: Due to the competitive nature of the programs in the School of Business & Economics, students who were required to withdraw from the University are not eligible for readmission into these programs. If you wish to be considered for readmission into another program at the University, please follow the instructions below for the Faculty of Arts (Waterloo), Brantford programs (Faculties of Liberal Arts and Human & Social Sciences) or Faculty of Science (Waterloo).
Students who have been required to withdraw from programs in the Faculty of Science may request readmission to either the Faculty of Science or the Faculty of Arts.
Students who have been required to withdraw from programs in the Faculty of Arts may only request readmission to the Faculty of Arts.
For the Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Liberal Arts, Faculty of Human & Social Sciences, and the Faculty of Science:
- Readmission will be at the discretion of the Faculty and is not guaranteed.
- Academic upgrading is required (i.e. Two academic college courses, each at a minimum grade of A- (80%); or two university courses, each at a minimum grade of B- (70%) or better). These courses may not be taken at Laurier and must not cover course material previously taken at Laurier. They must be academic in content and cover disciplines that are taught in the desired Laurier faculty. Business courses will not be approved. Any additional courses taken while on "must withdraw" status must be pre-approved by the Office of the Registrar.
- Students are required to contact the institution directly where upgrading will take place to register for these courses.
- Please email Lisa Hunt firstname.lastname@example.org (last name A-L) or Pat Young email@example.com (last name M-Z) with the course description or course syllabus or links to the website where this information can be found and include your full name and student ID number in the email.
- Courses taken at college or another university to either meet upgrading requirements or taken for interest while on a "must withdraw" status will not be awarded as, or considered for, transfer credit if you are re-admitted.
- An official transcript must be sent directly to the Registrar's Office from the institution(s) attended for upgrading.The mailing address is Readmission, Office of the Registrar - Records Department, 75 University Ave. W., Waterloo ON, N2L 3C5
For further information regarding the process and details concerning the readmission statement, please review the Online Form below:
Deadline: The Registrar's Office must receive the online form (link above), all documents, and official transcripts a minimum of 30 days prior to the beginning of the term in which you are requesting readmission.
This online form is necessary for students that have had a lapse in registration of 18 months or greater, or have attended another post-secondary institution since their last registration at Laurier.
Please note that as of September 1, 2007 the general BA with a major is no longer available. If you are returning to Laurier after an 18-month or more absence, you must register in the general BA without designation unless you meet requirements for a specific honours program.
This form will be processed in 24 hours and you will be able to register online using the LORIS system. Note the LORIS instructions for online registration.
Business, Economics, Music and Science, click here
Arts and Brantford Campus, click here
|2012||Instructions for Registering Online Using LORIS||Document|
|Jan 12/12||Request for Readmission to the Faculty of Arts/Science/Brantford||Form|
|Nov 29/07||Request for Re-registration: Business & Economics, Music , Science||Form|
|Nov 28/07||Request for Re-registration: Faculties of Arts, Liberal Arts and Human & Social Sciences||Form|