How to Apply
Download the call for applications for a complete list of rules and regulations and all the details on how to apply.
As indicated in the call for applications, your application for the Edna Staebler Laurier Writer-in-Residence position must include the following:
1. A cover letter, including the following:
- A clear statement of your availability during the proposed dates
- A statement of what you hope to achieve during the residency
- Several methods of contacting you immediately should your application be successful
2. A literary C.V., including the following:
- Complete details for all published books and produced plays, screenplays or performance art
- Writing awards, prizes and other honours
- Related volunteer and work experience teaching, mentoring, editing, assessing manuscripts, leading workshops, etc.
- Two letters of reference from members of the writing community that discuss your abilities as a writer and as a mentor to other writers. Letters of reference must be sent by the referee directly to Dr. Ute Lischke, chair of the Edna Staebler Writer in Residence Committee, at email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. A 20- to 30-page sample from recent published or unpublished work.
4. Reviews of your published or produced work in nationally recognized publications.
5. A single-page description of the writing project that you would be working on during the residency.
Apply electronically by 4 p.m., May 31, 2013, with PDFs or Microsoft Word files to: