How to Apply
Download the call for applications for a complete list of rules and regulations and all the details on how to apply for the 2016 Edna Staebler Writer-in-Residence.
As indicated in the call for applications, your application for the Edna Staebler Laurier Writer-in-Residence position must include the following:
1. A cover letter, including the following:
- A clear statement of your availability during the proposed dates;
- A statement of what you hope to achieve during the residency;
- Several methods of contacting you immediately should your application be successful.
2. A literary C.V., including the following:
- Complete details for all published books and produced plays, screenplays or performance art;
- All received writing awards, prizes and other honours;
- Related volunteer and work experience teaching, mentoring, editing, assessing manuscripts, leading workshops, etc.;
- Two letters of reference from members of the writing community that discuss your abilities as a writer and as a mentor to other writers. Important: Letters of reference must be sent by the referee directly to Dr. Tanis MacDonald, chair of the Edna Staebler Laurier Writer-in-Residence Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com.
3. A 20- to 30-page sample from recent published or unpublished work (double-spaced, 12-point font).
4. Reviews of your published or produced work in nationally recognized publications.
5. A 500-word description of the writing project on which you will be working on during the residency.
With the exception of referees' letters of recommendation which are to be sent separately by the referees, all documents that make up the application package must be sent in a single PDF document. Apply electronically by 4 p.m., May 31, 2015, with a single PDF file to:
|2014||2016 Edna Staebler Laurier Writer-in-Residence Call for Applicants||Document|