How to Apply
Download the call for applications for a complete list of rules and regulations and all the details on how to apply.
As indicated in the call for applications, your application for the Edna Staebler Laurier Writer-in-Residence position must include the following:
1. A cover letter, including the following:
- A clear statement of your availability during the proposed dates;
- A statement of what you hope to achieve during the residency;
- Several methods of contacting you immediately should your application be successful.
2. A literary C.V., including the following:
- Complete details for all published books and produced plays, screenplays or performance art;
- All received writing awards, prizes and other honours;
- Related volunteer and work experience teaching, mentoring, editing, assessing manuscripts, leading workshops, etc.;
- Two letters of reference from members of the writing community that discuss your abilities as a writer and as a mentor to other writers. Important: Letters of reference must be sent by the referee directly to Dr. Tanis MacDonald, chair of the Edna Staebler Laurier Writer-in-Residence Committee, at email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. A 20- to 30-page sample from recent published or unpublished work (double-spaced, 12-point font).
4. Reviews of your published or produced work in nationally recognized publications.
5. A 500-word description of the writing project on which you will be working on during the residency.
Apply electronically by 4 p.m., May 31, 2014, with PDFs or Microsoft Word files to: