About the Program / Eligibility
The Edna Staebler Laurier Writer-in-Residence will receive $25,000 for a three-month residency Ė from† Jan. 19, 2015 to April 10, 2015. The successful applicant will live in Lucinda House, a century home close to Laurier's Waterloo campus, for the duration of the residency.
The full-time position (40 hours/week) requires 40% of the authorís time to be spent on community programs or projects, leaving 60% of the work-week available for the writerís own creative projects. Community programs and projects include reading manuscripts and consulting with students and the public, visiting classrooms, giving readings and lectures, leading workshops, or participating in similar community programming, on Laurierís three campuses.†
Who should apply?
All Canadian writers of established literary reputation in fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, or drama are encouraged to apply.
The following criteria are required:
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Established literary reputation with critically well-received work.
- Professional teaching or public speaking experience.†
- Willing to engage with the public one-on-one and in group settings.†
- Active participant in the writing community.†
- In the midst of a new writing project intended for book-length publication.
The following criteria are considered assets:
- Experience in working with youth;†
- Experience in working with the public and with beginning writers.†
Download the call for applicants for more information.