For Staff and Faculty
Resources in this list are reviewed and updated on a regular basis. Resources are intended to suggest best practices and it should be noted that resources provided through other Universities may not be congruent with Laurier's policies regarding accessibility or accommodation.
If you have questions about the following resources, or to request this list in an accessible format, please contact the Employment Equity and AODA Officer at email@example.com.
- Employment Accommodation Policy and Procedure (WLU)
The need for an employment accommodation policy has been recognized as essential from a human
resources, human rights and employment equity perspective. In addition, employment
accommodation is a legal obligation.
- Counselling Services Resources for Faculty and Staff (WLU)
Includes resources for Faculty and Staff who may deal with students in crisis.
- Council of Ontario Universities Accessibility Toolkit (General)
The Accessibility Toolkit is an online platform that provides common tools, resources and adaptable templates to assist universities in meeting the goals and requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
- Council of Ontario Universities Educators Toolkit
- Faculty Guide to the Accessible Learning Centre
Web: Faculty Guide Brochure
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 covers a wide range of recommendations for making Web content more accessible. Following these guidelines will make content accessible to a wider range of people with disabilities and will also often make your Web content more usable to users in general. Complying with level A of these guidelines for new web content is a Information and Communications requirement of the AODA.
- CAST Universal Design for Learning
CAST is a nonprofit research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals, especially those with disabilities, through Universal Design for Learning.
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology: Accessibility in Laboratories
- University of Ottawa: A Guide for Professors: Minimizing the Impact of Learning Obstacles
- NEADS Training for Faculty and Staff Resources
NEADS (The National Educational Association of Disabled Students) is a consumer organization, with a mandate to encourage the self-empowerment of post-secondary students with disabilities.
Information on this website is not an express endorsement of these external organizations; similarly, this site is not endorsed by the organizations to which it provides links, unless otherwise noted.