General Graduate Studies Application Instructions
For additional questions, please contact the Seminary Office
Address all communications to:
Waterloo Lutheran Seminary
Attn: Admissions Coordinator
75 University Avenue West,
Waterloo, ON, N2L 3C5
Phone: (519) 884-0710 ext. 3234
Fax: (519) 725-2434
The General Graduate Studies (GGS) program can be applied to for any term (Fall, Winter or Spring term start). Applications will be processed when the appropriate application form, application fee and transcript have been received. Your completed dossier will be reviewed by the Academic Admissions Committee and you may be invited for a personal interview. The decision of the Committee will be shared with the applicant normally within three weeks of receipt of completed application. Courses can be registered for after an offer of admission is accepted. Application materials will not be returned.
1) Complete the application form from the Seminary website here. Type in the fillable form and print the hard copy. Note that Section V: References is not required to be completed for the GGS. If you desire admission for a specific course, please be sure to note which course in your Personal Statement.
2) Arrange an original transcript noting a conferred degree to be sent to Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. An original transcript can be sent directly from that institution, or sent to the applicant and sent unopened by the applicant to the Seminary by mail or fax. The mailing address and fax number are above.
3) Mail the completed application form with a non-refundable application fee of $50 (payable to Waterloo Lutheran Seminary) and transcript (if not being sent directly from institution) to the address above. The application package can also be dropped off in person to the Seminary Office.
4) TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exam (if applicable): Applicants whose language of instruction for an undergraduate degree was other than English must furnish evidence of proficiency in English usage prior to admission. A minimum score of 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or its equivalent is required. Please arrange to have the official results of TOEFL sent directly to the Seminary Office as soon as these are available.
5) Contact the WLS Admissions Coordinator at 519-884-0710 ext 3234 after you have submitted your application so we know to expect your application materials. International Applicants should apply to a degree program and not General Graduate Studies.
Application Deadlines:January 15th for the following Fall term (September - December)
August 15th for the following Winter term (January - April)
December 15th for the following Spring term (May - August)
|2012||WLS Application Form for General Graduate Students||Document|