The Educational Development Office fosters and advances a culture that values excellence in teaching and learning. Working collaboratively with faculty, graduate students and administrators, the Office nurtures the enhancement of teaching and learning by:
- modeling and facilitating pedagogically sound instructional design practices and the integration of educational technologies;
- promoting, supporting, and contributing to scholarly teaching practice and educational research;
- fostering a sense of community and creating opportunities for the free exchange of ideas across the Laurier community;
- profiling and supporting teaching innovations and best practices at all levels;
- encouraging excellence through reflective practice and continuous skill development;
- providing input and direction on university policies and initiatives that support teaching and learning; and
- building relationships and networks internal and external to the university engaged in dialogue about teaching, learning and scholarship.