Headlines (News Releases)
Communications, Public Affairs & Marketing
Laurier to graduate more than 1,200 students at fall convocation
Oct 25/12| For Immediate Release
Jennifer Casey, Director
Kevin Crowley, Director
WATERLOO Ė Wilfrid Laurier University will be holding two fall convocation ceremonies at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex on Oct. 26.
As of Oct. 24, approximately 1,205 students had met all program requirements and qualified to graduate. Laurier expects to confer 415 graduate degrees, 789 undergraduate degrees and 11 diplomas. On average, 80 per cent of Laurier graduands attend convocation ceremonies.
Honorary degree recipients include renowned pollster Darrell Bricker, and award-winning actor Colm Feore.
The following ceremonies comprise Laurierís fall convocation ó both will be held at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex.
Friday, Oct 26, 9:30 a.m. School of Business & Economics
- 169 master's degrees, 396 Bachelor of Business Administration (honours) degrees, 10 Bachelor of Arts (general) degrees, 10 diplomas
- Honorary Doctor of Laws degree recipient: Darrell Bricker
Friday, Oct. 26, 2 p.m. Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, Faculty of Social Work, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Music, Faculty of Science, School of International Policy and Governance, Waterloo Lutheran Seminary, Brantford campus
- 11 doctorate degrees and 235 masterís degrees
- 199 Bachelor of Arts (honours) degrees, 132 Bachelor of Arts (general) degrees, two Bachelor of Education degrees, 10 Bachelor of Music degrees, one Bachelor of Music Therapy degree, one Faculty of Music Diploma, 21 Bachelor of Science (honours) degrees, eight Bachelor of Science (general) degrees
- Honorary Doctor of Letters degree recipient: Colm Feore
Each of Laurierís convocation ceremonies will be live-streamed over the Internet at http://bit.ly/NsBLpx.