Headlines (News Releases)
Laurier to graduate more than 1,200 students at fall convocation
Communications, Public Affairs & Marketing
Oct 22/13| For Immediate Release
Sondra Schwartz, Manager
Lori Chalmers Morrison, Acting Director
WATERLOO – Wilfrid Laurier University will be holding two fall convocation ceremonies at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex on Oct. 25.
As of Oct. 21, approximately 1,221 students had met all program requirements and qualified to graduate. Laurier expects to confer 352 graduate degrees, 863 undergraduate degrees and 11 diplomas. On average, 80 per cent of Laurier graduands attend convocation ceremonies.
Honorary degree recipients include accomplished businesswoman Eileen Mercier and medical doctor and award-winning writer Vincent Lam. For more information about the recipients, read the honorary degree news release.
The following ceremonies comprise Laurier’s fall convocation — both will be held at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex.
Friday, Oct. 25, 9:30 a.m. School of Business & Economics
- 152 master's degrees, 374 Bachelor of Business Administration (honours) degrees, 41 Bachelor of Arts (honours) degrees, 16 Bachelor of Arts degrees, one Bachelor of Arts (general) degree, nine diplomas
- Honorary Doctor of Laws degree recipient: Eileen Mercier
Friday, Oct. 25, 2 p.m. Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Human and Social Sciences, Faculty of Liberal Arts, Faculty of Music, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Social Work, School of International Policy and Governance and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary.
- 10 doctorate degrees and 190 master’s degrees
- 216 Bachelor of Arts (honours) degrees, 41 Bachelor of Arts degrees, 125 Bachelor of Arts (general) degrees, three Bachelor of Music degrees, one Bachelor of Music Therapy degree, 37 Bachelor of Science (honours) degrees, eight Bachelor of Science (general) degrees and two diplomas
- Honorary Doctor of Letters degree recipient: Vincent Lam