Research Facilitator (Social Sciences and Humanities)
Contact InformationEmail: email@example.com
Phone: (519) 884-0710 ext.3479
Fax: 519-884-7670 (internal: x5096)
Office Location: Alumni Hall AH225
Office Hours: 8:30 to 4:30
- BA, Wilfrid Laurier University (Political Science)
- Bachelor of Journalism, Carleton University
- MA, Wilfrid Laurier University (History)
BiographyFollowing careers in banking and journalism, Barry Ries joined the Public Affairs office at Laurier in 1996, where he wrote news releases, stories for the university alumni magazine, student recruitment publications, items for the university website, and sundry other editorial projects.
He has been a staff representative on the university's board of governors (2005-date) and a Contract Academic Staff member, teaching journalism at Laurier Brantford.
- Assists faculty in the Social Sciences and Humanities with finding funding opportunities through SSHRC and other agencies
- Assists faculty with developing grant proposals and applications