Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Proactive and Practical Communication (Mitacs)
Date: Feb 14/13
Time: 12:30 - 16:00
Location: Career and Coop Centre (CC-101) on 192 King St. N.
- Understand how personal assumptions and mental models adversely influence communication
- Learn how to determine your own personal assumptions and how to avoid them
- Learn to navigate and approach difficult conversations.
- Identify the qualities of a high-performing team
- Find a balance between task and process within teams
- Understand the use of roles, decision-making and group vision
- A valid credit card is REQUIRED to complete and secure your registration.
- There is a $50.00 charge for no-shows and late cancellations. Your credit card will not be charged if you attend.
- You have 5 calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop to modify or cancel your registration at no penalty.
- Pending availability and the discretion of the Program Specialist, limited funding is available for travel and accommodation for participants coming from universities outside of the region where the workshop is being held. You MUST first register, then request travel funding, only those registered for a workshop are eligible for travel funding!
If you have any questions regarding the upcoming Mitacs Step workshops or would like more information on the program in general, please do not hesitate to contact us.
For more information on Mitacs please visit http://www.mitacs.ca.
Mitacs gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Province of Ontario.
Contact: Michael Bittle
View all WLU events