Headlines (Campus Updates)
Tips for registering for courses through LORIS
Communications, Public Affairs & Marketing
It’s that time of year when returning Laurier students start to register for fall and winter term courses using LORIS.
Laurier’s Information Technology Services has made some significant system changes that should enhance the process. Below are some additional tips and notes to help students as they prepare for the academic school year ahead.
Ensure that before you log in to LORIS, you have mapped out a conflict-free course schedule, including conflict-free first- and second-choice courses and ensuring that all course components – lectures, labs and tutorials – are also conflict-free.
- To assist you in mapping out your courses before you log in to LORIS, please visit the Returning Student Guide, accessible from the LORIS home page, the Registrar’s Office site or here: http://bit.ly/KqfQcP.
- Please also check the Dynamic Class Schedule, which indicates which courses have restrictions, how many spots are available, and if there’s a wait list. The Dynamic Class schedule is accessible from the wlu.ca home page under the academic menu and “class schedules,” or here: http://bit.ly/LmaZzD
Other notes and tips to help make your course-registration process run smoothly:
- Before your ticket opens, check your account for academic and financial holds, which could prevent you from registering for your courses.
- The first 30 minutes of each registration period are the busiest, so you can expect some delays during this time period. As people finish their sessions, it will open up room for new people to log in.
- Entering the CRN course code when you register can expedite the registration process.
- If you aren’t able to register for your first choice course, register for your second choice, then check in periodically to see if spots have become available for your first choice.
- Here are some additional FAQs that can help with the registration process: http://bit.ly/18tNMXa.